
So I worked yesterday. Yeah, I know, what else is new? Anyway, a series of bizarre, or at least uncommon things occurred. First, I got to work, clocked in, and was walking back to the lovely clothing area, and a fellow employee told me that he had a dream about us folding clothes together. Not sure if he was joking or serious, but either way, kind of strange.
Then after I had been folding for 5-10 minutes a five year old little boy, named Jackson came crying over to me because he had lost his grandpa. So we walked around the store for a few minutes and finally found him. It's weird when kids get lost in Costco because they're generally terrified and crying, etc., etc. and their parents generally don't even realize their kid is missing. It's pretty sad. In fact, one day this eight year old girl was lost, and was so upset, and when we found her parents, they were going through the check-out line, and didn't seem the least bit worried. It actually irritates me quite a bit. Anyway, back to yesterday.
Next, I was sent up front to help out because they are always short-handed. Which is another annoyance of mine, but I'll save that for another day. Anyway, I was up there helping load someone's cart and I smashed my finger between two ginormous cans of peaches. Don't worry, I didn't scream profanities, in fact, I didn't say anything at all, but it hurt. After a little while up front I was "sent" back to clothes.
So a little while later I was answering some clothing questions for this old couple, and the old man gave me a piece of candy. Kind of creepy. First off, I'm not even supposed to accept "gifts" or "tips," but what was I supposed to do? And no, I didn't eat it. Sickos.
A few hours later, this little boy who was probably a year and a half old came trotting towards me saying, "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!" At first I just shrugged it off, thinking I was probably wearing something his mom had that day. But then his dad said, "Yeah...she does look like mommy, but I'm doubting it's her." Okay, that's not awkward at all!
4 comments:
Funny days at Costco! I love it, and I have to say I LOVE COSTCO!! I am sorry you smashed your finger. That smarts! The old man giving you a piece of candy is classic! Ash, when are you going to come visit me in Texas?!
don't you love how random and dis-jointed my previous comment is. I'm a spaz!
when I worked at Wal-mart an old man came in with a kitten and asked me if I wanted to take it home...weird. And another time some guy came up behind me and put his arms around my waist. Beware the night shift!
Those are random events! By the way, is costco hiring? :)
Post a Comment