Friday, May 16, 2008

Terrible at Updating!

Alright, alright, I know I'm the world's worst blog updater! In fact, Aimee just recently talked to me about my blogging failings. I do mean to post more frequently, but I don't really have any fascinating stories to tell. Perhaps I will have to begin fabricating some...

I recently began working at Costco again. It's nice to have a job, but it's not exactly the one that I've dreamed of having. I basically just stand around for eight hours and fold clothes. At first I loathed my job, positively hated it, but after a while I learned to turn off my brain and just run on automatic. In fact, I think that's why I despised my position at first. There's nothing particularly challenging about folding clothes, which gives me eight hours of time alone with my thoughts. Who wants that? Not me! So, currently I've been spending the time reciting things to myself. Sadly, it's mostly been poems, and SNL sketches that humor me. I've begun "The Raven" I don't know how many times, but I can never get beyond the 1st or 2nd stanza. And I must say that while the "Van Down by the River" or the "Gore vs. Bush Debates" are humorous, they're not very funny after the 4th or 5th recitation in an hour. So, when those cease to humor me, I begin singing. I’m generally forced to stop fairly quickly though because of the awkward glances I receive from nearby ‘members.’

Hmmm…well that’s pretty much my life in a nut-shell. Not too much is going on, but I’m staying busy, and I’m making money, so it can’t be all bad, right?

3 comments:

The Olsen's said...

So glad you decided to update your blog!!! I love you!!!

dixonfamily said...

Fun to see what occupies your mind!! I wish I could be there to watch you sing while you fold clothes for 8hours. You are too funny, which is why you need to keep updating this blog. Love ya. Sorry I didn't pick up the phone Friday night, I had company. Anyway, we'll talk soon!

Sherwoods said...

Gosh, I always try really hard to keep everything nice and neat when I am digging for a size at Costco. Maybe when I am in Orem at Costco next week, I will go through and mess up all the clothes just to give you something to do! J/K I am glad you updated your blog!