I cut my hair off. It had been bugging me for a while, and finally I just made an appointment to
have it chopped.
It was weird because I generally go in with several reservations, and I am super nervous because I don't want too much removed, or too drastic a change. This time, however, I showed her a picture, but let her take artistic license with it. She did a good job, and I like it, although it is a bit shorter than what I had initially desired or anticipated.My roommate, Heather, and I threw a St. Patrick's Day party! We held it on the 14th, which
was actually the eve of St. Patty's this year.
For those of you who don't know the Pope moved the holiday this year from the 17th to the 15th as not to conflict with Holy Week. Regardless of the change, several people did not believe me, and pinched me the 17th because of my lack of green attire. Yeah...kind of annoying. Anyway, the party was fun! We h
ad lots of green food, listened to some Irish music, and played some fun games. The adorable rainbow cookies were made by my good friend Kristin, who couldn't attend the party, but volunteered to bring something delectable anyway! Oh yeah, and
Heather made an amazing Leprechaun out of balloons for one of our decorations! Thank you both for your amazing skills! Anyway, for some reason 'States' was a very well-liked game, and we ended up playing it for most of the party. It got pretty intense with the amount of people, and I may have become a wee bit violent...In other news...this week is going to be insane! I have 3 tests, a quiz, and a huge paper I have to complete by Wednesday! Haha! I know, I'm totally laughing at myself because I am in no way prepared. I still have no idea how it's all going to work out, perhaps I'll just have to stay awake for 40+ hours like I did another week earlier in the semester!
Anyway, I can't believe today is already Easter! It's crazy how early it came this year! In fact, I got to go listen to a talk by Bruce C. Hafen on Friday, and he said that the last time Easter was this on March 23 was in 1913, and that the next time it would fall on that day would be in the year 2228! Crazy huh?! I thought so. Anyway, listening to Elder Hafen was great. He gave a talk about Discipleship and Scholarship which was rather inspiring. In it he told several stories, some about his own life, and several about Elder Neal A. Maxwell's that encouraged me to do better.
Tonight I had the opportunity to attend a spring concert for the BYU Singers and the BYU Concert Choir, of which Nicholas is a part. Again, another great experience! They sang an interesting collection of songs, some fun, and others more chorally challenging. I enjoyed them all and was reminded of the reason for Easter. It was also nice to be accompanied by Brandon and Ashley!Well...that's about all I can think of for now. Life is good, but busy. I'm doing all of the fun things that are associated with the end of a semester; finding housing, finishing off schoolwork, and making work decisions! It's definitely a fun time! Hope you all are doing well, and enjoy and celebrate Easter with the resurrection in mind.
4 comments:
Nice to have something new to read on your blog. I won't say you're a blogging-slacker because, hey, it's Easter and I'm being nice. Anyway, what a fun St. Patty's party! We didn't celebrate, 'cause I am also a slacker upon occasion. Is that a recent picture of Nick? I like it. Anyway, I am glad you are doing well, and we'll have to continue our phone conversation soon. Have a great week doing all you have to do, and know I love ya tons!
I like your hair cut. Way cute!
Aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww!!! You are too cute! I am glad you decided to blog again. We might be coming to Utah sooner than we thought? Maybe in May...don't get too excited yet, cause our lives are subject to change at any moment.
Your hair cut is super cute, plus it's still long enough to put in a ponytail, and that's always a good thing. Mine's too short for that now :( but I still like it most days. Good luck on all your tests and stuff. I know how that goes!
Post a Comment